Home Alterations/Heating/Housing

Ministry of Health (MoH)

They can possibly provide funding, first step is to book an assessment with Disability Support Link (see above in Independent Living Services). See link below to review MoH criteria.

– Self-referral
– No cost

Phone: 0800 855 066

Address: No physical address

Energywise (EECA) Free insulation

Healthy Homes projects provide free ceiling and underfloor insulation for low-income households occupied by people with health needs related to cold, damp
housing. The website provides 3 service providers for the Waikato region. Homeowners or tenants may be eligible if they have a Community Services Card and the house is occupied by someone under 17 years or over 65 years old.

– Self-referral
– Funding is limited in all areas and may need some contribution.

Phone: 0800 749 782

Address: No physical address

Ministry of Social Development (Housing previously organised by Housing NZ)

Provides New Zealanders with access to affordable homes (with subsidized rent). They do a screen over the phone, and if eligible they book an appointment. Due to
personal mobility restrictions, they can do an assessment over the phone when needed. Documents can be sent to them. There is a waitlist, and some homes are already modified, and some other homes can be.

– Self-referral
– Income-tested, and urgency relevant.

Phone: 0800 673 468

If mobile, the appointments are held at one of the work and income offices.

Keys Social Housing

They provide safe, healthy, affordable homes, and practical support.

– Self-referral or from a health practitioner
– Funding available

Phone: 07 857 1203

Address: Kakariki House, 293 Grey St, Hamilton