Independent Living Services/Home Help/Personal Cares

Disability Support Link

Provides long-term support, for people with disabilities wanting to stay in their community. They have needs assessors, which access your needs, and identify
suitable support services. This is reviewed annually. A community services card is needed for home help, but not needed for personal cares.

– Self or family referral
– No cost/funding available

Phone: 0800 55 3399

Address: Level 2, BDO House, corner Rostrevor & Harwood St, Hamilton

OTRS (previously Occupational Therapy Rehab Service)

They provide assistive equipment and housing modification, rehab programs, and driving rehabilitation.

– No referral needed
– Funding options available, or at own cost

Phone: 07 838 0153

Address: 20 Palmerston Street, Hamilton

Access Homehealth

They provide urban and rural homecare services, which include home help, personal care, home nursing and meal preparation.

– Referral needed from your doctor if you want funding, otherwise self-referral.
– Funding dependent on your personal situation.

Phone: 0800 284 663

Address: 73 Seddon Road, Frankton, Hamilton

Home Instead

A private company that does one-to-one consultations to discuss care options and provides home help and transport services.

– No referral needed
– No funding, customized cost

Phone: 07 834 2296

Address: 56 Massey Street, Frankton, Hamilton

Age Concern

Charitable organisation dedicated solely to older New Zealanders, that provides information, activity workshops and support services in response to older people’s
(55+) needs.

– No referral needed
– No cost involved

Phone: 07 838 2266

Address: 30 Victoria Street, Celebrating Age Centre, Hamilton